Tickets went on sale today ($35 plus fees) for Insomniac's 4th edition of their Enhanced Concert Series on April 2nd at the legendary Hollywood Palladium, a popular stop for many EDM DJ's as of late. This show features Steve Aoki along with Tiga, DADA LIFE, BART B MORE, and Peace Treaty.
Insomniac is probably the biggest production company specializing in EDM events in the US. They work hard to bring us three of California's biggest annual Massives: Beyond Wonderland, The Nocturnal Festival, and the biggest of them all, The Electric Daisy Carnival, which is the only two day EDM event in all of California. But at the same time they are responsible for a multitude of more intimate events at smaller venues such as the Hollywood Palladium, a fixture on Sunset Blvd since 1940.
The show's headliner,

Steve Aoki (pictured below), has taken the term DJ and catapulted it into a limelight that nobody before him even dreamed of. Steve, the California-raised son of Japanese Olympic wrestler and Bennihana restaurant chain founder, Rocky Aoki, and half brother of model and actress, Devon Aoki, certainly has carried on his family's prestigious name. Asides from a successful debut album in 2008, a number of popular remixes, and the club hit "I'm in the House" (below); Steve has all but cemented his name in Hollywood lore with his own record label,
Dim Mak, a clothing line by the same name, endorsements and designer spots from WeSC, KR3W Apparel and Supra Footwear, a Korean restaurant called Shin, a production company called Deckstar, a magazine called Aoki, and guest appearances on the popular video game franchise NBA2K. Currently he is set to appear this weekend (February 20th) at 4th & B in San Diego.
Tickets are $45 plus fees. He also makes regular appearances on Fridays at the Surrender Nightclub at the Encore Hotel in Las Vegas.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis is Elaine in section! I'm going to 4th&B this Sunday. :DDDD
ReplyDeleteits really interesting if you think about the connections of trance music to the advent of new media and how they are relatively interdependent. i'm a big fan of trance music myself, but I was unable to attend Aoki's performance. i've never been to a performance at the Palladium. how is it compared to the LA sports arena?
ReplyDelete@Elaine: Hello! How was the show at 4th&B? Unfortunately, I was out of town for the long weekend so I couldn't go :( I also heard that Above & Beyond at Fluxx on Thursday was pretty amazing.
ReplyDelete@apc88: Well you still have time because Aoki's show at the Palladium isn't until April 2nd. I've actually never been to the Palladium myself but I've heard good things about it. Supposedly, it's a much smaller and more intimate venue (like a nightclub). Whereas, the LA Sports Arena is a huge stadium with outdoor stages as well, and is meant more for massives like Monster Massive and Together As One.
I love the bloody beetroots. (haha the song.. ok lame)
ReplyDeleteI saw steve aoki and the bloody beetroots at the house of blues last year! It was OK! I was surprised because they didn't really play their electro stuff, but most of their screamo stuff, which I'm not really into.
I'm thinking of going to beyond wonderland! HMMM.
i wanna see above & beyondddd!
I heard the Palladium is cool too. I wanna go. I like smaller events. My favorite are HARD events. :)
I like your blog!